Those of you who have been following me on twitter or chatting it up with us on facebook know that I’ve made the switch from commercial pet food to healthy home cooked meals. My dogs are very grateful for this change, and they prove this to me as they wag their tail when I prepare their food, and smile at me after licking their plates clean.
Today, I found a recipe for some Pumpkin Muffins for dogs. I changed the recipe a little and my dogs loved them! I even have the pictures to prove it.
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin (you can used can if fresh is not available)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup egg beater or one real egg
- 4 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of pumpkin spice seasoning (you can also use cinnamon or nutmeg instead)
- 1/4 cup of oats (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix water, pumpkin, vanilla and egg together.
Gradually mix in flour, baking powder and spice until well blended.
Spoon batter into greased muffin tin. Fill each cup completely.
Sprinkle top with oats.
Bake at 350 for an hour and 30 minutes.
Cool completely and serve.
Store for up to one week in an air tight container or zip lock bag.